Ho Chi Minh City Open University.
Level 1, 97 Vo Van Tan Street, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
Mr. Ngoc Tran is currently working as a Senior Researcher at Business and Economics Research Group, Ho Chi Minh City Open University, Vietnam. Ngoc had a Bachelor of Arts degree with the major of Banking and Finance from Can Tho University in 2013, and was awarded a Master of Arts degree in Business & Administration in 2016 from Ho Chi Minh City Open University. Ngoc has recently been a PhD student at Ho Chi Minh city Open University, Vietnam. His research interests include issues on intellectual capital, corporate governance, corporate social responsibility, agriculture and energy. He has published in various international journals including Journal of Intellectual Capital, Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, International Journal of Emerging Markets, PLoS ONE, Risk and Journal of Asia Business Studies.
Mr. Ngoc Tran can be contacted at email@example.com
- Intellectual capital
- Corporate governance
- Corporate social responsibility
- January 2021 – December 2022: Grant from the Ministry of Education and Training of Vietnam, together with Loan Thi-Hong Van and Duc Hong Vo, for the project Intellectual Capital, Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility in Vietnam, VND 350 million [Co-Investigator].
- January 2022 – December 2022: Grant from The Youth Incubator for Science and Technology Programe, managed by Youth Development Science and Technology Center – Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union and Department of Science and Technology of Ho Chi Minh City, for the project The Independent and Joint Effects of Intellectual Capital and Corporate Social Responsibility on Firm Performance in an Emerging Market, VND 90 million [Chief Investigator].
- Tran, N.P. and Vo, D.H. (2022), “Do banks accumulate a higher level of intellectual capital? Evidence from an emerging market”, Journal of Intellectual Capital, Vol. 23 No. 2, pp. 439-457.
- Vo, D.H. and Tran, N.P. (2022), “Measuring national intellectual capital: a novel approach”, Journal of Intellectual Capital, Vol. 23 No. 2, pp. 799-815.
- Tran, T.P.-K., Tran, N.P., Nguyen, P.V. and Vo, D.H. (2022), “Government expenditure–shadow economy nexus: the role of fiscal deficit”, International Journal of Emerging Markets. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJOEM-12-2021-1934
- Vo, D.H. and Tran, N.P. (2022), “Measuring national intellectual capital and its effect on country’s competitiveness”. Competitiveness Review. https://doi.org/10.1108/CR-08-2021-0110
- Nguyen, P.V., Vo, D.H., Tran, T.P.K. and Tran, N.P. (2022), “Public spending and informal economy in the Asian countries”, Cogent Economics & Finance, Vol. 10 No. 1, 2101220
- Van, L.T.H., Tran, N.P., Hoang, H.T.T. and Vo, D.H. (2021), “Intellectual capital and the performance of pharmaceutical enterprises in Vietnam”; Journal of Economic & Development, Vol. 290, pp. 65-74.
- Tran, N.P. and Vo, D.H. (2017), “Factors Supporting The Decision of Farmers To Participate in "The Big Paddy Field Model In An Giang”, Journal of Science, Vol. 56 No. 5, pp. 89-101.